UC Berkeley provides resources, information, and a variety of bike parking options for the campus community. With our partner and local bike organization Bike East Bay, we offer free Urban Cycling 101 classes on campus at Dwinelle Hall, lists of resources for new and seasoned cyclists, and opportunities to participate in fun events like Bike to Work month in May!
We also strongly suggest everyone registers their bike with UCPD.
Bicycle racks are provided at convenient locations throughout the central campus area. To reduce the risk of theft and vandalism, the campus is also equipped with three secure, covered parking facilities that are free of charge for University affiliates.
Cyclists are advised to invest in a high quality lock for maximum security. On campus, bikes must be locked to a University-designated bicycle rack and must not impede or block any campus thoroughfare or facility.
Please note that the turnaround time from application approval to access may take up to five business days.
For students, staff, and faculty that would like to use one of two bikeshare programs in and around UC Berkeley.
There are ten secure bike lockers on campus:
- Four at Hilgard Hall (Opposite the MRI Lab)
- Four at Genetics and Plant Biology Building (East Side by Morgan Hall)
- Two at Rec Sports Facility (RSF). At RSF the lockers are on the Bancroft side of the building.
To access the lockers:
- Sign up for a Bike Link membership card. Membership is free but you need to put $20 on the card to activate it.
- Show up at a locker, insert your member card, and the door will open. The cost is $0.05 per hour; eight hours will cost $0.40).
TIP: If you reserve the locker for five hours but only use two, you will be refunded for the time you did not use.
TIP: These lockers can be found throughout the Bay Area!. Check it out.