BikeShare Comes to Berkeley
This year, UC Berkeley is proud to bring bikesharing onto campus. Students, Faculty, and Staff can now utilize one more new option to not only travel around campus (door-to-door), but could also explore the Bay Area.
With over 3,000 bikes in 250+ stations, Bay Wheels is the regional BikeShare System designed to connect Berkeley with four other cities (Oakland, Emeryville, San Francisco, and San Jose). Using Bay Wheels is simple:
- Pick up a bike from a dock station and quickly ride around town.
- Return a bike at any of the 250+ BikeShare stations regionwide.
- Memberships allow for unlimited 45-minute journeys.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students can participate in a month-to-month program for $13/Month https://www.baywheels.com/cal
- EOP Students can obtain a $5 membership for free (and $5/month after one year). Contact your EOP Counselor for more details
Staff and Faculty Memberships
- Staff can purchase their own memberships through the Bay Wheels website for $149/year or $14.90/Month
Corporate memberships for Staff and Faculty members are currently unavailable (beyond existing departmental agreements). Staff and faculty members interested in participating must contact their department chair or representative and they must contact Dave Sorrell, TDM Administrator, in Parking and Transportation for further instructions in participating.