BikeShare Comes to Berkeley
UC Berkeley is proud to bring bikesharing onto campus. Students, Faculty, and Staff can now utilize one more new option to not only travel around campus (door-to-door), but could also explore the Bay Area.
With over 3,000 bikes in 250+ stations, Bay Wheels is the regional BikeShare System designed to connect Berkeley with four other cities (Oakland, Emeryville, San Francisco, and San Jose). Using Bay Wheels is simple:
- Pick up a bike from a dock station and quickly ride around town.
- Return a bike at any of the 250+ BikeShare stations regionwide.
- Memberships allow for unlimited 45-minute journeys.
- ASE Student Employees are also eligible for the program.
(Academic student employees—GSIs, readers, and tutors—are eligible for this program)
Employees who are interested must fill out this form in order to receive the code.
BayWheels Student Memberships
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students (includes Student Employees) can participate in a month-to-month program for $134/year
- EOP Students can obtain a yearly $5 membership for free (and $5/month after one year). Contact your EOP Counselor for more details
Staff and Faculty BayWheels Memberships
BayWheels is offered for staff:
2850 Telegraph Employees
Suspended until further notice. Employees are encouraged to renew memberships under the all-employee program, below.
All other Employees Qualify for a partially subsidized membership.
Each member pays $70 for a membership (P&T pays the other $70), and gives you the same full benefits that all Baywheels members use. Student Employees under the ASE are eligible for this program; all other student employees must use the student program.