BikeShare Comes to Berkeley
This year, UC Berkeley is proud to bring bikesharing onto campus. Students, Faculty, and Staff can now utilize one more new option to not only travel around campus (door-to-door), but could also explore the Bay Area.
With over 3,000 bikes in 250+ stations, Bay Wheels is the regional BikeShare System designed to connect Berkeley with four other cities (Oakland, Emeryville, San Francisco, and San Jose). Using Bay Wheels is simple:
- Pick up a bike from a dock station and quickly ride around town.
- Return a bike at any of the 250+ BikeShare stations regionwide.
- Memberships allow for unlimited 45-minute journeys.
For more information, download the flyer or contact Dave Sorrell, TDM Administrator, for more details.
BayWheels Student Memberships
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students can participate in a month-to-month program for $13/Month https://www.baywheels.com/cal(link is external) - USE CODE GOBEARS to get your first month for free!
- EOP Students can obtain a yearly $5 membership for free (and $5/month after one year). Contact your EOP Counselor for more details
Staff and Faculty BayWheels Memberships
BayWheels is offered for two different staff groups:
2850 Telegraph Employees
Should contact their department leads for a fully subsidized ($100) code.
All other Employees Qualify for a partially subsidized membership.
Each member pays $60 for a membership (P&T pays the other $60), and gives you the same full benefits that all Baywheels members use.