- Annual Faculty/Staff ('F') Carpool Permit: $59.00 per month, prorated according to the month of purchase.
- Annual Central Campus ('C') Carpool Permit: $81.00 per month, prorated according to the month of purchase.
Student Carpool Permits are suspended for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Effective July 1, 2019: All Carpool permit holders ('C' & 'F') are required to register with Cal's Berkeley Moves! website.
Reserved carpool parking spaces are available throughout campus. Accessible on weekdays until 10:00 a.m., these reserved spaces are open to all carpoolers on a first-come, first-served basis, and not assigned to specific carpool groups. See the campus parking map for carpool space locations.
- Any UC Employee may be issued an 'F' carpool permit.
- 'C', 'F', and 'S' carpool permit holders can carpool together.
- To park as a carpool in a central campus space requires that at least one person hold and display a 'C' permit (as per the eligibility above).
- UC Extension employees and staff members are NOT eligible.
- Each member of the carpool should have a carpool permit.
- Each member of the carpool must register with the Berkeley Moves! Commuter Website.
- A minimum of two (2) permits must be visibly displayed.
- In the absence of the second carpool member’s permit, a Dispensing Machine Ticket (DMT) or daily scratch-off permit ('C' and 'F' permit holders only) must be purchased and visibly displayed.
- In a mixed-eligibility carpool--a carpool made up of persons with varied parking eligibility, e.g., a central campus eligible person, a faculty/staff eligible person, and/or a student--the vehicle may park in the highest parking eligibility lot/area, so long as that carpool permit is one of the ones displayed.
We require all permits be placed face up on the driver’s side of the dashboard, or that one permit be visibly displayed from the rearview mirror, and the other permit(s) be placed, face up, on the driver’s side of the dashboard.