GIG (Get in and Go) Car Share is the new way to get into, out of, and around the East Bay. It’s a one-way car share service that gives UC Berkeley students and staff the flexibility to pick up and drop off in different locations in Berkeley and Oakland.
Using Gig is simple:
- Instant everything. Download the Gig app, sign-up in minutes, get in, and go.
- Hit the road. Keep Gig for as long as you want. Park and pay a lower rate until you get back.
- Leave it wherever. End your trip in any designated area in Berkeley and Oakland. There’s also a satellite HomeZone at the Oakland International Airport Park ‘N Fly lot.
- The whole package. Gas, insurance (restrictions and limitations apply), parking and 24/7 support included. AAA Members get 10% off every trip.
- The perfect car. Gig cars are Toyota® Prius C Hybrids with bike racks and room for friends.
The official rental car company used by UC Berkeley administrators, alumni and the Cal Athletics department. Save on short-term rentals. Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers discounted rates to Cal students, faculty and staff. Plus:
- Rentals to students who are over 18
- Hourly rentals
- A convenient location near Campus: 3001 Shattuck (Shattuck & Ashby)
- Free pick-ups
Parking & Transportation does not oversee this program.
For more information, please contact Fleet Management at (510) 643-5770.
You can now find and reserve over 2500+ cars right on Getaround. From zero membership fees to low hourly and daily rates, you’ll love the perks of joining the Getaround community.
- 24/7 hourly access to hundreds of cars, hybrids, and trucks close to campus and throughout the Bay Area.
- Gas, insurance and maintenance is included in cost.
If you have an existing individual City Car Share membership, you can transfer your account and activate it by logging in to the new system.
Zipcar lets you drive a variety of cars on demand, by the hour or the day, around campuses, cities and airports worldwide.
- 14 Cars are available through the campus and many more are within walking distance of AC Transit and BART stops.
- Prices are by the hour or by the day. Vehicles must be returned to the same spot where you'd pick them up. View pricing structure here
- Faculty & Staff can sign up here
- Alumni Can sign up here.
- Students Can sign up here
Download. Hop. And Go.
Revel is now available in Berkeley, and getting around has never been so easy, fun, and socially-distant. Our shared electric mopeds first launched in the Bay Area in January with an Oakland fleet, and now we’ve expanded to the City of Berkeley. Scooters can also be used within San Fransisco.
Members can ride with a $1 to unlock and 35 cents a mile. A discount applies if you qualify, details here.