GIG (Get in and Go) Car Share is the new way to get into, out of, and around the East Bay. It’s a one-way car share service that gives UC Berkeley students and staff the flexibility to pick up and drop off in different locations in Berkeley and Oakland.
Using Gig is simple:
- Instant everything. Download the Gig app, sign-up in minutes, get in, and go.
- Hit the road. Keep Gig for as long as you want. Park and pay a lower rate until you get back.
- Leave it wherever. End your trip in any designated area in Berkeley and Oakland. There’s also a satellite HomeZone at the Oakland International Airport Park ‘N Fly lot.
- The whole package. Gas, insurance (restrictions and limitations apply), parking and 24/7 support included. AAA Members get 10% off every trip.
- The perfect car. Gig cars are Toyota® Prius C Hybrids with bike racks and room for friends.
Zipcar lets you drive a variety of cars on demand, by the hour or the day, around campuses, cities and airports worldwide.
- 14 Cars are available through the campus and many more are within walking distance of AC Transit and BART stops.
- Prices are by the hour or by the day. Vehicles must be returned to the same spot where you'd pick them up. View pricing structure here
- Faculty & Staff can sign up here
- Alumni Can sign up here.
- Students Can sign up here