Secure Bike Parking
UC Berkeley’s Parking & Transportation department has installed three secure and covered bicycle parking facilities on campus, for use by UC affiliates.This program is offered free of charge on a first come, first served basis.
Secure Bicycle Parking provides added security for your bicycle with:
- Access with a cal1 card.
- Parking enforcement patrols during business hours.
- Observation by parking attendants in facilities within parking lots on weekdays.
- Three covered facilities located in campus parking areas you can view on this map(link is external):
- Bancroft Parking Structure(link is external) [Personal Scooters May Also Use This Structure]
- Berkeley Law Lot(link is external)
- Recreational Sports Facility Garage(link is external)
Each facility contains bicycle racks. Bicycles must be locked to a rack using a high-quality lock. Secure Bicycle parking facilities are locked and accessible only via a Cal1 Card.
- Bike Cage Applications are suspended through the Month of June due to system updates. Thanks for your patience.
Secure Bicycle Parking Policy
- Users must be campus affiliates (current faculty, staff, or student) with an active appointment or currently enrolled.
- Users are required to possess a valid California bicycle license for all bicycles that will be housed in the secure bicycle parking facilities. Licenses are available free of charge(link is external) to campus affiliates at UCPD inside Sproul Hall.
- Users with personal scooters may only park their devices inside of the Bancroft Parking Structure, and they must be locked to the racks, securely.
- Secure bicycle parking facilities are meant to provide secure parking for bicycle commuters and not overnight storage.
- Bicycle storage is not allowed. Bicycles stored or left for long periods of time may be impounded.
- Sharing of access codes is not allowed.
- Use of access codes may be monitored to investigate misuse, theft, or property damage.
- The University does not assume responsibility for stolen or damaged bicycles.
- Bicycles parked in secure bicycle parking facilities must be locked to a bicycle rack using a high-quality lock.
- Bicycles must not be locked to the enclosure can cannot impede free entry or exit of cyclists or other bicycles.