Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) is a great way to travel to UC Berkeley. The Downtown Berkeley stop is one block from the west side of campus.
Please note: Paper Tickets for BART and Vallejo/Fairfield Transit no longer offered at the P&T office.
- Sign up for payroll deduction to have your funds loaded directly on to your Clipper Card or receive a commuter debit card to autoload onto your Clipper Card. Remember that Employees can receive a $10 subsidy for all transit expenses greater than $30 (and reflected on your paycheck).
- Faculty and Staff: Eligible employees not holding an annual parking permit or an EasyPass can receive a $10 monthly subsidy on purchase greater than >$30.00.
- Register your card with Clippercard.com, and choose to select autoload with a credit or debit card.
- Visit the BART Ticket Office at Lake Merritt BART Station to purchase paper tickets. Remember: Paper Tickets are subject to a 50¢ surcharge one-way.
REPLACEMENT FOR BART TICKET
BART Customer Services Center @ Lake Merritt Station (Oakland)
- Ticket Exchange Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 4 pm