Two or more person carpool permit holders can share commuting expenses and access Carpool parking spaces
- Click a permit category on the left to view permit pricing, updates, and information.
- Payroll Deduction: Eligible employees (with an FTE of 0.25 or higher) may enroll in our Payroll Deduction Programs to help save on commuting expenses.
UC Berkeley Parking & Transportation works to ensure parking availability for those who pay parking fees, as well as ensuring that safe and efficient transportation is maintained on campus.
On weekdays, most of UC Berkeley's 5,500+ parking spaces are reserved exclusively for University affiliates (faculty, staff, students) and authorized visitors.
If you are a visitor traveling to campus on a weekday, the campus offers limited hourly paid parking. However, you are also encouraged to take advantage of public transportation to get you comfortably and directly to your campus destination.
For most campus parking areas, a valid parking permit must be associated with and/or displayed in your vehicle. Exceptions are public parking lots with dispensing machines or parking attendants where hourly rates are available.
- Physical permits must be visibly displayed with the entire face of the permit visible from outside of the vehicle.
- The face of the permit is the side that displays both the current sticker and the permit number.
- We do not recommend leaving permits hanging from rearview mirrors while the vehicle is in motion.
- Permits are valid in loading zones after 5:00 PM and on weekends.
- Permits are not valid in designated reserved spaces, red zones, unmarked/unpaved spaces, metered spaces, public parking lots, or areas designated as timed parking, unless otherwise posted.
- Alteration, misuse, transfer, resale or duplication of any parking permit is prohibited and may result in the revocation of parking privileges.
There is an extensive range of permit types determined by user characteristics and permit duration. Once you have identified the permit you need, purchases can be made online through My P&T Online or at the Parking & Transportation office.
Where to Park
For a comprehensive guide to campus parking, the Campus Parking Map (PDF) shows all designations of parking lots and campus facilities and their permit requirements.
Cancel Parking Permit
If you wish to cancel your annual or semester parking permit (which includes permits either on a monthly recurring payroll deduction or that were paid-in-full upfront), please complete the Annual or Semester Parking Permit Cancellation Form. For all other permit cancellation inquires, please e-mail email@example.com.
Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging
Electric Vehicle (EV) charging is available in select parking facilities. Please note that all facilities require a campus parking permit to be displayed (or a parking fee to be paid), and some facilities require an additional charging fee.