Two or more person carpool permit holders pay significantly less than a drive-alone commuter
SUMMER SESSION PARKING PERMITS
- Effective June 1, 2020, Parking Permits or Parking Fees will be required to park in campus parking facilities.
- There will be changes to the Summer Session parking permits that are available for sale.
P&T works to protect parking spaces for those who pay for and properly display a valid permit and to ensure that safe and efficient transportation is maintained on campus.
On weekdays, most of UC Berkeley's 5,500+ parking spaces are exclusively reserved for University affiliates (faculty, staff, students) and authorized visitors.
If you are a visitor traveling to campus on a weekday, the campus offers limited hourly paid parking. However, you are also encouraged to take advantage of public transportation to get you comfortably and directly to your campus destination.
For most campus parking areas, you must display a valid parking permit in your vehicle. Exceptions are public parking lots with dispensing machines or parking attendants where hourly rates are available.
- All permits must be visibly displayed with the entire face of the permit visible from outside of the vehicle.
- The face of the permit is the side that displays both the current sticker and the permit number.
- We do not recommend leaving permits hanging from rearview mirrors while the vehicle is in motion.
- Permits are valid in loading zones after 5:00 PM and on weekends.
- Permits are not valid in designated reserved spaces, red zones, unmarked/unpaved spaces, metered spaces, public parking lots or areas designated as timed parking, unless otherwise posted.
- Alteration, misuse, transfer, resale or duplication of any parking permit is prohibited and may result in the revocation of parking privileges.
There is an extensive range of permit types determined by user characteristics and permit duration. Once you have identified the permit you need, purchases can be made at the Parking & Transportation office.
Where to Park
For a comprehensive guide to campus parking, the Campus Parking Map shows all designations of parking lots and campus facilities and their permit requirements.