Student Semester parking permits are available online through our My P&T portal(link is external).
Purchase your permit online, print a 15-day temporary permit to display fully until your semester permit is received. Your permit sticker will be mailed to the local postal address you confirm at the time of purchase which is outside the designated campus boundry but within northern california.
- Do not discard your hang-tag, you will affix the sticker to your hang-tag when you renew every semester. There is a $35 replacement fee for lost or discarded hang-tag.
- If you do not receive your permit within 15 days, you must come to the Parking and Transportation office to report your parking permit lost and pick up a replacement. We will not mail out permits with local postal address that is more than 60 miles away one way. Permit will be canceled, and pro-rate refund will be issued once you notify P&T.
- Your temporary permit is only good for 15 days, you must fully display the parking permit.
- Failure to display a valid permit or altered parking will result in a $353 permit misuse citation.
Please review the rules for permit usage before purchasing a permit online.
Buying a permit in person at the P&T Office
- Present your UCB Cal ID card (Cal 1 Card Office(link is external))
- Fill out a Parking Permit Application form.
- Vehicle information (make, model, color, license plate #) is required.
- Bring proof (current utility bill, bank statement, or lease/rental agreement) that you live outside the designated campus boundary but no more than 60 mile away "one way".
- Provide proof that you are a registered student by printing out of your class schedule. (Log on to Bear Facts/Tele-BEARS(link is external) and print out your class schedule)
**Please Note: To use a carpool permit, a minimum of 2 carpool permits must be displayed per vehicle at all times. Students must also complete the Carpool Parking Permit Application Form.
- To check whether or not you are registered, use the Tele-BEARS (Info-Bears) system or visit the CalNet Website.
- Graduate students should contact their home department (not the Graduate Division). Unregistered graduate students must verify registration with a letter from their home department. This letter must:
- Be an original (not a copy) on UC or department letterhead
- Include the student's name and ID#
- Confirm your department affiliation
- Confirm enrollment status
- Be signed by a department representative
- Include department representative's phone number
Residence Hall (RH) Permit
New residents must submit a completed Residence Hall Parking Application in place of the Permit Application form. You will be placed on a waiting list and notified when a space becomes available.
Canceling a Permit
Parking permits may be canceled once within any fiscal year (July through June) without a processing charge. More than one cancellation during the fiscal year may incur a processing fee.
All cancellation requests must be submitted in person:
Lost, Stolen or Forgotten Permit
If you have lost, stolen or forgotten to bring your parking permit, you must stop by the Parking & Transportation office to purchase a temporary one-day scratcher permit.
- To replace your permit, you must fill out the Request for Replacement Permit Form.
- Pay a $35 nonrefundable permit replacement fee unless a police report is provided, in which case the replacement fee will be waived.
- Permits reported lost or stolen are subject to a permit misuse citation if used to park on campus.
Please note: handwritten notes are not an acceptable substitute for a temporary permit. Vehicles not displaying a permit will be cited.