City CarShare is a community-based nonprofit that has merged with Getaround to expand car share service.
You can now find and reserve over 2500+ cars right on Getaround, including City CarShare vehicles. From zero membership fees to low hourly and daily rates, you’ll love the perks of joining the Getaround community.
- 24/7 hourly access to hundreds of cars, hybrids and trucks close to campus and throughout the Bay Area.
- Gas, insurance and maintenance included in cost.
- We are working with Getaround to get a new promo code for the discounted student and employee rates - check back in the coming weeks for updates!
If you have an existing individual City Car Share membership, you can transfer your account and activate it by logging in to the new system.
The official rental car company used by UC Berkeley administrators, alumni and the Cal Athletics department. Save on short-term rentals. Enterprise Rent-A-Car offers discounted rates to Cal students, faculty and staff. Plus:
- Rentals to students who are over 18
- Hourly rentals
- A convenient location on Campus at the corner of Oxford and University
- Free pick-ups
For more information or to book a reservation, call (510) 705-8989 or go to the Enterprise Web site.
Access to Cars Almost Anywhere
Zip Car offers UC Berkeley students, faculty and staff discounts on annual membership, plus:
- Pickup trucks, convertibles, hybrids, MINIs, BMWs, Volvos, Outback and many more car makes and models
- User fees include gas, insurance, a reserved parking spot, free miles and satellite radio
- Zipcars live in neighborhoods throughout San Francisco, Berkeley and Oakland
- Membership is universal—members can reserve Zipcar vehicles in Boston, New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, Toronto, London and more cities soon
To become a Zipster, fill out an application here: Students(link is external)(link is external)(link is external) or Faculty and Staff(link is external)(link is external)(link is external).
GIG (Get in and Go) Car Share is the new way to get into, out of, and around the East Bay. It’s a one-way car share service that gives UC Berkeley students and staff the flexibility to pick up and drop off in different locations in Berkeley and Oakland.
Using Gig is simple:
- Instant everything. Download the Gig app, sign-up in minutes, get in, and go.
- Hit the road. Keep Gig for as long as you want. Park and pay a lower rate until you get back.
- Leave it wherever. End your trip in any designated area in Berkeley and Oakland. There’s also a satellite HomeZone at the Oakland International Airport Park ‘N Fly lot.
- The whole package. Gas, insurance (restrictions and limitations apply), parking and 24/7 support included. AAA Members get 10% off every trip.
- The perfect car. Gig cars are Toyota® Prius C Hybrids with bike racks and room for friends.