Student permits are sold by the semester and are valid for the semester in which the permit was purchased.
- Student permits must be renewed at the beginning of each semester.
- Students are responsible for purchasing and displaying a valid permit at the start of each semester.
- Permits are pro-rated after the start of each semester and are valid in “S” lots only.
Student permits are available online through our My P&T portal.
Student permit rates below:
Student Fall & Spring Carpool Permit, $140/Semester - Note: Please see the following notice for student carpool permit holders.
Student Daily Scratch-off Hangtag, 'S', $10.00/ each
Student Fall Drive Alone , $393.00/Semester
Student Permit Purchase Criteria
• Must be a registered UC Berkeley student with proof of enrollment for the current term.
• Must live outside the designated campus boundary.
Visit the student permit purchase page to learn how to purchase an "S" permit.