Buying a Permit

Buying a Parking Permit

You are eligible for payroll deduction if you are a full-time career employee or  have a casual employment status with 50%. 

Create an account with Wageworks and select your permit to sign up for payroll deduction.  After you sucessfully place your parking permit order online and receive a confirmation email from WageWorks. 

  • Come to the Parking and Transportation office at 1995 University Avenue, Suite # 110, Berkeley, CA.
  • Bring your Campus ID
  • Vehicle information (make, model, and license plate number) is required.

  • Pick up your parking permit. 

  • Most annual parking permits can be paid for through payroll deduction with a pro-rated amount due until payroll deduction starts.
  • For those paying upfront and not utilizing payroll deduction, you may pay using Credit Card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, Cash or Check.
  • If you are a new employee and your information has not been updated in HCM, you will not be eligible for payroll deduction!  Have your department payroll representative complete the employment verification form .  Bring the verification form to  P&T office to purchase a daily or temporary monthly parking premit.  We will then verify your employment status through HCM within 30 days from the date of purchase.  If HCM is still not updated, the employee may be required to return the permit.

Please note:

  • Purchasing a permit does not gurantee a parking space. 
  • Employees are required to inform P&T of any changes in employment.

Extended Absence and Payroll Deduction

In case of Leave of Absence Without Pay, Wageworks does not suspend payroll deductions. You will need to cancel your permit if you are currently not receiving a paycheck from the University. Your parking permit will be deactivated/suspended. Failure to display a valid permit will lead to a permit misuse citation.

Canceling or "Opting Out" of a Permit

Parking permits may be canceled once within any fiscal year (July through June) without a processing charge. More than one cancellation during the fiscal year may incur a processing fee.

To cancel your permit:

  1. Print, complete and sign a Permit Cancellation Form.
  2. Bring the completed form, along with your permit, to the P&T office.
  3. If you have payroll deduction, you must return the parking permit along with the cancellation form in person at Parking and Transportation office  on or before the 10th of the month to prevent a deduction from the following month’s paycheck.

Lost or Forgotten or Stolen Permit

Central Campus, Faculty/Staff and student permit holders may visit the P&T office for temporary one-day permits. Daily rates apply.  Handwritten notes do not substitute for a temporary permit; vehicles that are not displaying a permit will be cited.  For a lost or replacement permit, the permit holder must fill out the Request for Replacement Permit Form.

There is a $35 replacement fee for lost permits. Stolen permits will be replaced at no charge if a police report is provided. All replacement requests must be submitted in person at the P&T office.