Public Transportation and Shuttle
Public transportation is highly recommended on football game days. Game day shuttles offer transportation to Memorial Stadium from the downtown Berkeley BART station and nearby campus locations. For help with trip planning or real-time traffic information visit 511.org or call 511.
For information on the game schedule, visit the Cal Bears Athletics site.
Campus Permit Holders
Parking for annual campus permit holders:
During football games there are a limited number of parkings paces available to annual permit holders. Please note that Daily Scratch-off tags are NOT valid on game days.
For central campus (C) permit holders only:
For central campus (C), faculty/staff (F), student (S), or night/weekend (N/W) permit holders:
- Extension lot north and Extension lot south
- Anna Head Court Lot
- Unit 1 Lot (C&F only)
- Mulford Lot
- Ridge Lot
Football Permit Holders
On game days most campus parking areas are made available only to Football permit holders. Vehicles not displaying a football permit are subject to citation and towing. To purchase a Football parking permit, contact the athletics department at 1-800-GO-BEARS (1-800-462-3277).
Access to Centennial Drive is interrupted approximately 2.5 hours prior to home football games. Parking lots located east of Memorial Stadium, in the hill area along Centennial Drive can still be accessed from the east using the following directions:
- Start at Hearst Avenue and Oxford Street.
- Head east on Hearst Avenue toward Euclid Avenue.
- Turn left on Euclid Avenue.
- Stay on Euclid Avenue for approximately 1.5 miles until you reach Marin Avenue.
- Turn right onto Marin Avenue.
- Turn right at the top of the hill onto Grizzly Peak Boulevard.
- Travel for approximately 1 mile, then turn right onto Centennial Drive.
- Parking is available at the Lawrence Hall of Science parking lot and at other posted lots along Centennial Drive.
See our parking map for parking lot locations.
There is no RV parking on campus.
Residence Hall (RH) Parking Relocation
Clark Kerr Campus Northwest lot and Clark Kerr Campus Southwest lot are closed to RH permit holders during home football games.
All Clark Kerr Campus Residence Hall permit holders are required to relocate their vehicles to Underhill Garage (entrance on Channing Way between Bowditch Street and College Avenue) by 9:00 p.m. the day before a home football game.
Vehicles not moved from the CKC Northwest and CKC Southwest lots by 9:00 p.m. the night before a home football game will be subject to citation and/or towning at the owner's expense.
Vehicles can be returned to the CKC Northwest and Southwest lots after the game ends.
On campus public parking is avaialbe at:
- Genetics Garage (Oxford/Berkeley Way)
- Lower Hearst Structure Level 2 (Hearst/Scenic)
The following non-UC parking lots and garages offer public parking near campus and in downtown Berkeley.
- Berkeley Way near Shattuck Avenue
- Allston Way near Shattuck Avenue
- Durant Avenue near Telegraph Avenue
- Bancroft Way near Bowditch Street
P&T operates three ADA shuttles that pick up patrons 30 minutes after the football game ends at the following locations:
- In front of the Haas School of Business (Southbound)
- In front of the Greek Theater (Northbound)
- Prospect Lot (Southside of Memorial Stadium)
Please note: No dedicated ADA shuttle service is provided from Underhill Garage. A regular shuttle runs two hours prior to kick off and one hour past the start time of the game.
Disabled Parking During Home Games
Go to the disability parking page for more information on UC Berkeley disabled parking policy. For disabled drivers who are Football permit holders, the Athletics Department has provided disabled spaces in the Stadium Garage and at Witter Lot.
For more information on purchasing a football permit, or on locating a disabled space on football game days, call the Athletics Department at 1-800-GO-BEARS (1-800-462-3277).
Charter Bus Parking
Charter buses may park at Eucalyptus Grove, near the West Gate Kiosk. The onsite attendant can assist and buses can reach this location via University Avenue and Oxford Street, east of Center Street.
- The parking fee is $50. We accept cash only.
- Please use bills no larger than $20.
- For more information, contact Parking and Transportation at (510) 642-5401.