Purchasing a New Parking Permit

First Time Parking Permit Purchases

If you are a full-time career employee or on casual employment status with 40% full time employment through the end of the fiscal year, your annual permit fee can be deducted from your paycheck each month for most permit types. 

You must enroll in Wageworks to activate payroll deduction before you come to the P&T office. UC Berkeley has partnered with WageWorks to manage your commuter benefit elections for both alternative transportation and parking via payroll deduction. 


Human Capital Management system (HCM):

If the employee's information is not in HCM, the employee must ask his or her payroll representative to complete and sign an employment verification form, which must be filled out accurately and in full. In 30 days from the date of purchase, HCM will be checked to confirm that the information on the employment verification form has been uploaded. If HCM is still not updated, the employee may be required to return the permit.

Please note: employees are required to inform P&T of any changes in employment.

Most annual parking permits can be paid for through payroll deduction with a pro-rated amount due until payroll deduction starts. For those paying upfront and not utilizing payroll deduction, the following payment methods will be accepted:

  • Credit Card (Visa, Master Card, Discover)
  • Cash
  • Check


Please see our WageWorks page for instructions.

Extended Absence and Payroll Deduction

In case of Leave of Absence Without Pay, Wageworks does not suspend payroll deductions. You will need to cancel your permit if you are currently not receiving a paycheck from the University.

Canceling or "Opting Out" of a Permit

Parking permits may be canceled once within any fiscal year (July through June) without a processing charge. More than one cancellation during the fiscal year may incur a processing fee.

To cancel your permit:

  1. Print, complete and sign a Permit Cancellation Form.
  2. Bring the completed form, along with your permit, to the P&T office.

Permit holders using payroll deduction must submit their cancellation request to the P&T office on or before the 10th of the month to prevent a deduction from the following month’s paycheck.

Lost or Forgotten Permit

Central Campus, Faculty/Staff and student permit holders may visit the P&T office for temporary one-day permits. Daily rates apply.  Handwritten notes do not substitute for a temporary permit; vehicles that are not displaying a permit will be cited.  For a lost or replacement permit, the permit holder must fill out the Request for Replacement Permit Form.

There is a $35 replacement fee for lost permits. Stolen permits will be replaced at no charge if a police report is provided. All replacement requests must be submitted in person at the P&T office.