Visitor Parking Hours and Rates
Everyday thousands of visitors come to campus. At campus parking lots without an attendant, visitors are required to pay in advance at a pay station. Always refer to posted lot and machine signs for parking rates and instructions.
Hours of Operation
Monday–Sunday: 5:00 a.m. – 2:00 a.m. (Lots are closed 2:00 a.m. – 5:00 a.m.)
Hourly visitor parking is available in specified parking areas Mon-Fri from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m After 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and weekends, hourly public parking is available in all campus parking areas unless otherwise indicated on parking control signs.
Refer to the UC Berkeley Visitor Parking Map to find your location.
|Lower Hearst Garage, Level 2:||Hourly Pay Parking on Level 2 at all times only in Gold Zone on east side of lot|
|RSF Garage:||Hourly Pay Parking at all times only in Gold Zone on east side of lot|
|Stadium Garage:||Hourly Pay Parking at all times|
|Witter Field Lot:||Hourly Pay Parking at all times|
|University Hall (U/Hall) West Lot:||Hourly Pay Parking Monday - Friday after 5:00pm, and all day on weekends|
Hourly Pay Parking at all times
Check nearest meter machine for the hill area parking rates and hours. Meter machines take credit cards and coins. Place tickets inside vehicles on driver’s side on dashboard.
All UC affiliate parking permits are valid under regular night and weekend parking regulations, except for Gold Zones, 11 spaces in U/Hall West Lot.
|Botanical Garden Lot||
|Lawrence Hall of Science East Parking Lot
Ticket Dispensing Machines and Rates
- Ticket dispensing machines (TDMs) accept $1, $5 bills and credit cards only.
- The new rates are $2 per/hour, $20 maximum valid until 2am.
To operate a ticket machine:
- Enter Space #, then press ENTER
- Insert Cash or Credit Card. For cash transactions, please use exact change, machine does not give change.
- For credit card transactions, insert card and press ADD $1 for the amount of time you want to park.
- Press ENTER to receive your ticket