Parking and Transportation Seeks Student Employees for 2018.
The Parking and Transportation Department seeks motivated students for Parking Attendants. This position allows for students to be cross-trained in:
- Special Events Parking Attendants - responsible for processing and controlling parking for up to 1800 events a year, including concerts, weddings, conferences, Cal Football, and commencement.
- Loop Golf Cart Drivers - Provide golf cart service to disabled and elderly person throughout campus, including faculty, staff, students, and visitors (must have a valid Driver's license).
- Kiosk Attendants - with additional experience and training, kiosk attendants provide additional and more intensive guidance regarding parking permits and assist with walk-up and drive-up customers.
- Student Leaders - with successful completion of all three previous roles, Student Leaders serve as superviors by assisting the Special Events Supervisor and Manager with the hiring, training, scheduling, and supporting the attendant staff.
Qualifications to be a Parking Assistant include:
- Currently a registered student.
- Flexibility in working alone and with a team.
- Ability to handle high-stress situations well.
- Willingness to work outdoors.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, and problem solving abilities.
- Punctual to all assigned shifts
- Loop Drivers: Must have a valid US driver's license.
- Must pass UCPD Background Check
- Perform all duties as assigned.
For more information and to inquire about the position, click on the pictures below and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!