The campus is host to commencement ceremonies throughout the year, with the Greek Theater and Zellerbach Hall being two of the most commonly used venues. During commencements, visitors may park in lots designated for student parking for a $10 fee.
For a comprehensive overview of the 2016 schedule, visit UC Berkeley's Commencement website.
- Purchase a ticket from the lot dispensing machine or attendant. Tickets are valid only in S permit areas.
- Parking in S lots costs the hourly rate. Each campus lot will display the most up-to-date information on the sign at the entrance.
- Observe and obey parking signs and regulations.
Daytime Commencement Parking Lot
|Foothill Lot||Hearst Ave, east of Highland Ave||M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||$10|
|Lower Hearst Structure, Level 2||Hearst and Scenic Ave.||M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.||$10|
Lower Sproul Garage
|Bancroft Way, belowTelegraph Ave.||Weekday, evening, and weekends||$3/Per Hour (Fee is based on length of stay)|
Evening CommeNcement Parking
|Foothill Lot||Hearst Ave, east of Highland Ave||After 5 p.m. & weekends||$10|
|Upper Hearst Structure, Level 2||Hearst and La Loma||After 5 p.m. & weekends||$10|
|Dana/Durant Lot||on Dana St. between Bancroft Way and Durant Ave.||After 5 p.m. & weekends||$10|
|RSF Garage||Bancroft Way and Ellsworth St.||After 5 p.m. & weekends||$10|
|Lower Sproul Garage
[formerly Martin Luther King Garage]
|Bancroft Way, below Telegraph Ave.||Weekday, evening, and weekends||
$3/Per Hour (Fee is based on length of stay)
Shuttles are a quick, easy way to commute to commencement. We recommend you consider one of these shuttle options as an alternative to driving.
1. Catch a Bear Transit shuttle from Downtown Berkeley BART
- Catch the eastbound P-Line shuttle, every half hour, on the hour, Shattuck Ave @ Addison St, near BofA, or
- Catch the C-Line shuttle, every 20 minutes, 6:45 AM – 11:00 AM, 4:15 PM – 7:00 PM, Shattuck Ave @ Addison St, near BofA
- Shuttles are free for graduating seniors wearing cap/gown or with ID, as well as their families
- View the BearTransit page for transit information Shuttle Stops & Schedules
2. Take a P-Line shuttle
- Need to know where to catch this
- Shuttles stop at the Greek Theater
View the Perimeter (P) Lines Stops & Schedule for more details.
All designated Disabled Spaces and non-reserved spaces will be available at $10 to disabled with certified handicapped placards or license plates on a first-come, first-served basis.