Special event parking is available for events that take place on campus that require parking for 10 or more vehicles. If you are planning a special event, we suggest planning well in advance. Parking is restricted before 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. We recommend scheduling special events after 5:30 p.m. on weekdays or during the weekend.
Regular Season Events
The following events take place on campus on a seasonal basis. Each page provides detailed information on schedules, parking, and alternative transportation.
Check the special events feed for information on other events that might limit parking on campus.
Parking for your Special Event
We advise planning for parking well in advance of your special event. Please see the table below for the minimum advance notice needed to secure parking without late fees. For parking availability please contact the event services department at (510) 642-5401. For general public parking information please see visitor parking.
Advance Notice Required for Special Event Parking
|Number of Vehicles
||5 business days
||Available upon request
||10 business days
||15 calendar days
||30 business days
* If insufficient notice is given, late fees may be charged.
Parking Services Provided
We will do our best to accomodate your parking request but specific parking areas may not be available on the date of your event. In addition to parking arrangements, event services also provides the following services. Please note that additional staffing and service charges may be assessed.
- Reserved parking spaces and permits for each vehicle.
- Standard signs are available to notify guests and the campus community of the event and to direct visitors to reserved spaces. Special signs may be ordered for an additional fee.
- Parking Attendants - attendants are required for events with 30 or more vehicles and are also available upon request. Attendant requests must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days prior to the event. Attendants are stationed at designated entrances to reserved parking facilities and are responsible for:
- Issuing parking permits to guests
- Directing traffic to event areas
- Providing directions and special instructions to event attendees
- Stack parking attendants - it may be necessary to employ parking attendants to stack park overflow vehicles.
- Maps - campus maps to help direct guest to their designated parking area can be requested in advance of your event.