All UC Berkeley parking areas require a valid parking permit for the area from 5:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m., Monday through Friday. To be eligible for a parking permit, you must be affiliated with the University.
Parking permits must be clearly displayed at all times while parked in campus parking areas.
Faculty and staff permits are valid July 1 through June 30 of each fiscal year and are prorated at the time of purchase. Although Parking and Transportation provides renewal options prior to the end of each fiscal year, faculty and staff are responsible for proactively renewing their permits and displaying a valid permit.
Employee parking permits are for individual use only.
See the purchasing section for how to purchase an employee parking permit.
|Central Campus "C"||$143/month|
|Central Campus Carpool||$50/month|
|Night/Weekend Permit (valid 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. and weekends)||$51/ month|
|Motorcycle||$336/year or $28/month through payroll deduction|
Daily Scratch-off Permits
|Central Campus Daily Scratch-off Hangtag "C"||$16 each|
|Faculty/Staff Daily Scratch-off Hangtag "F"||$12 each|
|Alternative Transportation Daily Scratch-off Hangtag "F (Available only to employees who do not have an annual or monthly parking permit)||$6 each|
|Night/Weekend Daily Scratch-off Hangtag (valid 4:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. and on weekends)||$10 each|
|Hill Area Daily Scratch-off Hangtag "H"||$8 each|
|Central Campus "C"||$149/month|
|Night/Weekend (valid 1:30 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. and weekends)||$54/month|
Employee Parking Rules
- Permits are not valid in public parking lots, at meters, or in other areas designated as timed parking, unless otherwise posted.
- Drivers must obey posted regulations.
- All permit types are valid in C, F, and S lots and loading zones after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends, subject to posted signs.
- Permits are not valid in designed reserved spaces.
- Not valid in red zones or unmarked spaces.
- Not valid from 2:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Resale or duplications of permits is prohibited.