Complete our customer satisfication survey, your response will help the University of California, Berkeley Parking & Transportation Department improve our service.
A special event is defined as an event that takes place on campus and requires parking for 10 or more vehicles. If you are planning a special event, we suggest planning well in advance.
For readily available special event parking, we recommend scheduling special events for Monday through Friday after 5:30 p.m.* or on a weekend. Under certain circumstances, limited reserved parking may be made available weekdays before 5:30 p.m.
The following events are regularly scheduled events that take place on campus on a seasonal basis, and are attended by the public. Each page provides detailed information on schedules, parking, and alternative transportation.
*Check the Special Events feed for information on other events that might restrict or impact parking, lots.”
For parking availability or information on any other event, please contact the Event Services department (510) 642-5401. For general public parking information, visit Visitor Parking.
Planning well in advance is advised for those charged with organizing a special event. In order to determine how far in advance to request parking services for a special event, refer to the following table:
|Number of Vehicles||Notification Needed*||Parking Attendant|
|1-29||5 business days||Available upon request|
|30-75||10 business days||Required|
|76-500||15 calendar days||Required|
|500+||30 business days||Required|
*If insufficient notice is given prior to an event, late fees may be charged
Event Services is responsible for organizing the guest parking and traffic movement on campus for a special event. Although they will do their best to accommodate your request, specific parking areas may not be available on the date of your event.
In addition to parking arrangements, Event Services also provides the following services. Please note that, depending on your needs, staffing and service costs may be assessed.
- Reserved parking spaces and permits for each vehicle.
- Signs – standard signs is available to advise and notify guests and the campus community of the specific events, and also to direct visitors to reserved spaces. Special signs may be ordered at an additional cost.
- Parking Attendants – Attendant services are required for events with 30 or more vehicles, and are also available upon request. Attendant requests must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days prior to the date of your event. Attendants are stationed at designated entrances to reserved parking facilities, and are responsible for:
- Issuing parking permits to guests
- Assisting with directing traffic to event areas
- Providing directions or special instructions to event attendees
- Stack Parking Attendants – It may be necessary for P&T to employ contracted parking attendants to stack park overflow vehicles in certain parking facilities with space limitations.
- Maps– Campus maps to help direct guests to their designated reserved parking area can be requested or viewed from the Parking and Transportation Web site in advance.
Please note that, depending on your needs, there may be a staffing and service charge.