Please check the UC Berkeley Coronavirus information page for the latest news on the campus closure and note the following Parking & Transportation updates in regards to the Shelter-in-Place order:
AC Transit will returned to paid fares and front door boarding on 10/19/20. Please view this alert.
Effective June 1, 2020, Parking Permits or Parking Fees will be required to park in campus parking facilities
- Transition to Virtual Permits and New Permit Rates: Effective 7/1/21, most annual employee permits (and all remaining student permits) will transition to virtual permits, which are paperless and stickerless. Employee carpool permits will continue to be sold online and in-person to allow carpool parking space access.
- 2021-2022 Parking Permits are on sale now through My P&T Online. Click here for Payroll Deduction information.
- The Parking & Transportation Customer Service office at 1995 University Ave, Suite 110, reopened 6/1/20. Click here for Contact Information and Operating Hours. Please note that masks or face coverings will be required to be worn in the office, according to campus policy.
- Effective June 1, 2020, Parking Permits or Parking Fees will be required to park in campus parking facilities.
- Effective July 1, 2021, Parking Permits and Parking Fees will be required to park; permit restrictions are reinstated.
- Employees who choose to take public transportation to campus should confirm their transit agency's operational status at https://511.org/alerts/emergencies/coronavirus before departing.
- Overnight parking restriction is still in place: No Parking 2:00 am-5:00 am.
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if possible as telephone support may not be widely available during reopening.
EASYPASSES (STUDENT AND EMPLOYEE)
AC Transit returned to Paid Fares on October 19, 2020
Employees and Visiting Scholars: please see the information above in "Parking".
Employees and students who choose to take public transportation to campus should confirm their transit agency's operational status at https://511.org/alerts/emergencies/coronavirus before departing. This website includes information on fare collection, how to board, and whether face masks or coverings are required onboard.
BEAR TRANSIT (Campus Shuttles):
Updated 815/2021, we will operate Bear Transit with service on the following lines.
AC Transit is committed to serving riders needing to conduct essential business.
|Zipcar Changes||GIG CarShare Changes||FlixBus Updates|