Please check the UC Berkeley Coronavirus information page for the latest news on the campus closure and note the following Parking & Transportation updates in regards to the Shelter-in-Place order:
Paid parking is reinstated effective June 1, 2020
- In response to the announcement by Bay Area county public health officers to "shelter in place", the Parking & Transportation Customer Service office at 1995 University Ave, Suite 110, closed beginning Tuesday 3/17/20 and is closed indefinitely (until the shelter in place is lifted).
- During this temporary closure, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as telephone support will not be available while staff work remotely to resolve customer service inquiries
- Employees who have been explicitly instructed to work at the campus in person may park at no charge (until June 1) in any non-reserved space at any campus parking facility for the duration of the "shelter in place" order.
- Employees who choose to take public transportation to campus should confirm their transit agency's operational status at https://511.org/alerts/emergencies/coronavirus before departing.
- Overnight parking restriction is still in place: No parking 2am-5am.
Paid Parking will be reinstated on June 1, 2020.
Employees on Payroll Deduction (WageWorks):
Employees with a campus parking permit (e.g., 'C', 'F', 'H', etc.) or AC Transit EasyPass will not be charged for the duration of the "shelter in place" order:
- May: No deduction will be taken on the 6/1/20 pay date for monthly employees or the 6/10/20 or 6/24/20 pay dates for biweekly employees.
- June and July: Please read this notice and fill out the Cancellation form by 6/5/2020 if you plan on canceling either Parking or AC Transit passes.
Reminders for Employees on Payroll Deduction (WageWorks):
- Parking permit and EasyPass fees are taken in arrears. Employees are not deducted until the end of the payroll period in which their benefit was used.
- WageWorks will not show payroll adjustments. Employees can verify which deductions were or were not taken by viewing their pay stubs on UCPath.
- Employees with non-campus parking or non-EasyPass orders will continue to be deducted. These orders are directly fulfilled by WageWorks and include: WageWorks Debit MasterCard refills, transit value loads through Clipper Direct, direct payments to BART and other parking providers, etc. Employees can place, modify, or cancel these orders through WageWorks. The deadline to make changes for the June benefit month was Sunday 5/10/20 at 9:00 pm.
Employees (and Visiting Scholars) who paid up front for a campus parking permit or AC Transit EasyPass:
Should bring their permit or EasyPass to our Customer Service office (after we have reopened) so we can determine the credit amount and provide either an extension or a refund. At that time, we will begin making accommodations to issue refunds to employees or visiting scholars who are not able to visit our office in person.
Student Parking Permit Refunds:
- Online Purchases: Students who purchased their parking permits online through My P&T Online will begin receiving prorated refunds this month. Refunds will be issued back to the credit card that was originally used to purchase the permit. (If you no longer have the credit card that was originally used to purchase your permit, please see "In-Office Purchases" below.)
- In-Office Purchases: Students who purchased their parking permits in-person from our Customer Service office will be contacted via e-mail (after our office has reopened) to choose an appointment time via telephone, web conference, or an in-office visit so we can issue a prorated refund back to either the credit card that was originally used to purchase the permit or an alternative credit card. (This accommodation is necessary as our staff will need to swipe, insert, or manually enter your credit card information into our payment terminals to process refunds.)
In response to the announcement by Bay Area county public health officers to "shelter in place", the Parking & Transportation Customer Service office at 1995 University Ave, Suite 110, was closed beginning Tuesday 3/17/20. During this temporary closure, please e-mail email@example.com as telephone support will not be available while staff work remotely to resolve customer service inquiries.
Parking Citation and Appeal due dates are currently extended to Monday 6/22/20.
All parking citation payments and review requests e-mailed or postmarked by this due date (or the due date indicated on the mailed Notice of Violation, whichever is later) will be processed accordingly and not be subject to late charges or penalties.
AC TRANSIT EASYPASSES
- Employees and Visiting Scholars: please see the information above in "Parking".
- Students: AC Transit is not currently collecting fares (see below for details). Students may email firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on replacing passes.
Employees and students who choose to take public transportation to campus should confirm their transit agency's operational status at https://511.org/alerts/emergencies/coronavirus before departing. This website includes information on fare collection, how to board, and whether face masks or coverings are required onboard.
BEAR TRANSIT (Campus Shuttles):
We have stopped our campus shuttle operations until further notice.
AC Transit is committed to serve riders needing to conduct essential business. Please continue to stay informed by visiting the website, connecting via social media, or checking for eNews alerts.
- Details for service modifications are available here.
- Details on passenger capacity on AC Transit buses here.
- Fares are not being collected and passengers are asked to board from the rear doors.
BART service operates from 5am-9pm weekdays and from 8am-9pm weekends.
Service operates every 30 minutes weekdays, and Every 20-24 minutes on Weekends.
Riders must be in the system before 8:45pm to have a guaranteed ride to their destinations. Please visit this website for the latest information.
Zipcar Adjustments: https://www.zipcar.com/press/newsroom/covid19
GIG CarShare Adjustments: https://gigcarshare.com/gig4good/
Enterprise Rent-A-Car adjustments: https://www.enterprise.com/en/car-rental/deals/young-driver.html