On game days, public transportation is highly recommended. Game day shuttles offer transportation to the Memorial Stadium from Downtown Berkeley BART station and nearby campus locations. For help with trip-planning or real-time traffic information, visit 511.org or call 511.
For information on the Football schedule, go to the Cal Bears Athletic site.
Parking for Annual Campus Permit Holders:
During football games, there is a limited number of parking spaces available to Annual permit holders. Please note that Daily "Scratch-off" tags are NOT valid on game days.
For 'C' (Central Campus) Permit Holders Only:
For 'C' (Central Campus), 'F' (Faculty/Staff), 'S' (Student), or 'N/W' Night/Weekend) Permit Holders:
- Extension Lot North and Extension Lot South
- Anna Head Court Lot
- Unit 1 Lot (C & F only)
- Mulford Lot
- Ridge Lot
Most campus parking areas are made available on game days for Football Permit holders. Vehicles not displaying a Football Permit are subject to citation and towing. To purchase a Football Parking Permit, contact the Athletics Department at 1-800-GO-BEARS (1-800-462-3277).
Access to Centennial Drive is interrupted approximately 2.5 hours prior to home football games. Parking lots located east of the football stadium in the hill area along Centennial Drive may still be accessed from the East side using the following directions:
- Start at Hearst and Oxford streets
- Head east on Hearst Avenue toward Euclid
- Turn left onto Euclid
- Stay on Euclid approximately 1.5 miles into the hills until you reach Marin Avenue
- Turn right on Marin Avenue
- Turn right at top of the hill onto Grizzly Peak Blvd
- Travel for approximately 1 mile and turn right onto Centennial Drive
- Parking is available at Lawrence Hall of Science and at posted lots along Centennial Drive.
See our parking map for parking lot locations.
There is no RV parking on campus.
RH permit holders parked in:
- All Clark Kerr Campus Residence Hall permit holders will be required to relocate their vehicles to the UnderHill Garage (Channing Way between College Avenue and Bowditch) by 9:00PM, each Friday before the home football game.
- Vehicles not moved from the CKC Northwest and CKC Southwest Lots by 9:00PM on Friday’s before each game will be subject to citation and/or TOWING at the owner’s expense.
- Vehicles can be returned to CKC Northerwest and CKC Southwest Lots after the game ends.
UC Home Game days:
- September 5th & 12th
- October 3rd & 31st
- November 14th & 28th
Day of Game Public Parking
The following city and private lots and garages offer public parking near the campus and in downtown Berkeley. Please consult signs for hours and fees prior to entering the facilities.
- Berkeley Way near Shattuck
- Center Street near Shattuck
- Allston Way near Shattuck
- Durant Avenue near Telegraph
- Bancroft Way near Bowditch
Go to the Disability Parking page for more information on UC Berkeley Disabled Parking policy. For disabled drivers who are Football Permit holders, the Athletics Department has provided disabled spaces in the Maxwell Garage and Witter Lot.
For more information on purchasing a Football Permit, or locating disabled parking space on Football game days, call the Athletics Department at 1-800-GO-BEARS (1-800-462-3277).
Charter buses may park at Eucalyptus Grove, near the West Gate Kiosk (onsite attendant can assist). Buses can reach this location via University Avenue/Oxford Street East of Center Street.
- The parking fee is $50.00. Please pay by cash or check,
- If paying by cash - no bills larger than a $20.
- If paying by check - make check payable to UC Regents.
- For more information, contact Parking and Transportation at (510) 642-5401.