Student permits are available online through our My P&T portal(link is external). Students can purchase the following permits:
- Student Spring Permit online sales ends Feb 1, 2017
After you purchase the permit online, print a 15-day temporary permit to display until your semester permit is received. Your permit sticker will be mailed to the local postal address you confirm at the time of purchase. Please review the rules for permit usage before purchasing a permit online.
If you do not receive your permit within 15 days, or you decide to cancel, you must visit the Parking and Transportation office at 2150 Kittredge Street in Berkeley in person.
Buying a permit in person at the P&T Office
- Present your UCB Cal ID card (Cal 1 Card Office(link is external))
- Fill out a Parking Permit Application form.
- Bring proof (current utility bill, bank statement, or lease/rental agreement) that you live outside the designated campus boundary.
- Provide proof that you are a registered student by printing out of your class schedule. (Log on to Bear Facts/Tele-BEARS(link is external) and print out your class schedule)
**Please Note: To use a carpool permit, a minimum of 2 carpool permits must be displayed per vehicle at all times. Students must also complete the Carpool Parking Permit Application Form.
- To check whether or not you are registered, use the Tele-BEARS (Info-Bears) system or visit the CalNet Website.
- Graduate students should contact their home department (not the Graduate Division). Unregistered graduate students must verify registration with a letter from their home department. This letter must:
- Be an original (not a copy) on UC or department letterhead
- Include the student's name and ID#
- Confirm your department affiliation
- Confirm enrollment status
- Be signed by a department representative
- Include department representative's phone number
Residence Hall (RH) Permit
New residents must submit a completed Residence Hall Parking Application in place of the Permit Application form. You will be placed on a waiting list and notified when a space becomes available.
Canceling a Permit
Parking permits may be canceled once within any fiscal year (July through June) without a processing charge. More than one cancellation during the fiscal year may incur a processing fee.
All cancellation requests must be submitted in person:
Print, complete and sign a Permit Cancellation Form.
Cash and check payments are refunded by check only.
- Credit card payments can only be credited back to the same credit card that was used to pay.
Lost, Stolen or Forgotten Permit
If you have lost, stolen or forgotten to bring your parking permit, you must stop by the Parking & Transportation office to purchase a temporary one-day scratcher permit.
- To replace your permit, you must fill out the Request for Replacement Permit Form.
- Pay a $35 nonrefundable permit replacement fee unless a police report is provided, in which case the replacement fee will be waived.
- Permits reported lost or stolen are subject to a permit misuse citation if used to park on campus.
Please note: handwritten notes are not an acceptable substitute for a temporary permit. Vehicles not displaying a permit will be cited.