Parking Tips for Visitors
- Make parking arrangements in advance If your campus visit has been pre-arranged by a department or for a clinic appointment, ask a representative to arrange your parking and provide you with a permit, or to direct you to on- or off-campus public parking. Go to Invited Guest Permits for more information.
- Schedule visits for early morning or late afternoon During peak parking hours (9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Mon – Fri), University parking areas are often filled to capacity.
- Read signs carefully before parking your vehicle Regulated parking hours, permit requirements, fees and special parking instructions are posted at all main campus entrances and in off-campus lots. Violation of University parking regulations may result in a citation and/or towing of the vehicle.
- If you are unable to find a parking space Return to the East or West Gate and request assistance. The gate attendant will direct you to a public parking facility near the campus. Gates are staffed Mon – Fri, 7:45 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with a reduced schedule during the summer.
- Use public transportation whenever possible Getting to Berkeley by public transit can be easy! Visit the Parking & Transportation Office, located at 2150 Kittredge Street, for information on how to get to campus via public transportation, including Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) or AC Transit (the East Bay's bus system). Visit 511.org or dial 5-1-1 for more information.