Class Pass for Students

Class Pass Photo

The Class Pass enables registered students to ride free of charge on AC Transit buses and Bear Transit shuttle buses throughout the semester.

Getting and Using Your Class Pass

  • Who Can Receive a Class Pass? To be eligible for a Class Pass, you must be registered as a student and enrolled in at least one course. Your registration fees must be paid in full (or the first installment paid, if you are on a deferred payment plan), and there should be no blocks on your registration. You can check your registration status at the Bear Facts Website. You will need to show your Cal ID card to get your pass.
  • Where to Get Your Class Pass* You may pick up your Class Pass sticker at the Cal 1 Card office located in Lower Sproul Plaza, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Be sure to bring your Cal Photo ID card with you to verify your student status.
  • How to Use Your Class Pass The Cal 1 Card office will affix the Class Pass sticker to your Cal 1 Card. Then, simply show your pass to the driver when you board either an AC Transit bus or a BearTransit campus shuttle*.   Go to BearTransit for more information.
  • RFS shuttle requires an additional fee.

Stolen or Lost Passes

If your Cal 1 Card is lost or damaged:

  • Obtain a new Cal 1 Card from the Cal 1 Card office.
  • The Cal 1 Card office cannot replace the Class Pass sticker; you will have to come to the P&T Office, to request your new Class Pass sticker.
  • A lost or damaged Class Pass sticker will be replaced for a fee.
  • P&T will only waive that fee if the Cal 1 Card with the Class Pass sticker was stolen.

You must provide P&T with a police report documenting the theft or robbery when making your replacement request.

Routes and Maps